Scientific research has always been the strength of the PFIEV students. In the academic year 2020-2021, the Board of Management and Training of Excellent Engineers (PFIEV Board) has 26 scientific research projects registered with a total of 98 students, not to mention the basic and general topics. If considering only specialized topics, the number of registered scientific researches of the PFIEV students ranks 3rd among the Faculties in the NUCE.
Attending the conference there were Dr. Tong Ngoc Tu – Head of the Board of Management and Training of Excellent Engineers (PFIEV); Dr. Le Ba Danh – Deputy Head of the Science and Technology Department; Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nguyen Hung Phong – Vice Dean of Faculty of Graduate School; Dr. Nguyen Duc Manh – Head of Hydraulic Engineering major (PFIEV); Dr. Nguyen Ngoc Lam – Vice Dean of Faculty of Construction Materials and also Head of Construction Materials major (PFIEV); Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nguyen Van Tuan – Senior Lecturer of Faculty of Construction Materials; Dr. Nguyen Trong Lam – Head of Department of Construction Materials Technology – Faculty of Construction Materials; Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nguyen Quang Minh – Senior Lecturer of Faculty of Architecture and Planning; PFIEV teachers and students.
In order to encourage the student scientific research movement, PFIEV Board rewarded the 3 highest achieving scientific research groups in the 2019-2020 school year and announced the reward fund of the Board for science research students in 2020-2021 with 15 million VND. This amount is deducted from the PFIEV Alumni Scholarship Fund of Hanoi University of Civil Engineering.
03 groups of students were awarded this round, including:
- 01 First Prize includes: Nguyen Thi Ngoc Bich – 61KSDT, Do Xuan Huy – 61KSGT, Nguyen Huu Thang – 61KSGT, Le Van Thanh – 61KSGT;
- 02 Second prizes include: Phan Xuan Truong – 62CLC1, Dinh Trong Hoang – 62CLC2, Nguyen Hoang Than – 62CLC2, Do Van Quyen – 62CLC1 and Team Vu Thi Phuong Lan – 62CLC1, Le Thanh Tung – 62CLC2, Nguyen Thai Duong – 62CLC1, Pham Duc Nhat – 62CLC1.
Dr. Le Ba Danh and Dr. Tong Ngoc Tu gave the awards of the PFIEV Board and the PFIEV Alumni Scholarship Fund to the students with the best scientific research achievements in the 2019-2020 school year
Dr. Tong Ngoc Tu announced the reward fund of the PFIEV Board for student research activities in the academic year 2020-2021
Following the program, there were very interesting presentations by experts:
– Assoc. Dr. Nguyen Quang Minh: Methodology of scientific research which emphasizes appropriate methods for students. The teacher gave typical examples of scientific research topics for 04 majors of PFIEV and applicable methodologies, thereby seeing the specific characteristics of the method of applying each discipline.
– Dr. Nguyen Ngoc Lam: Methods of writing scientific articles. The teacher presented the structure of a scientific paper, including the steps of article selection, article classification, article structure and how to publish scientific articles. He emphasized that scientific research topics must have new research elements, do not carry out stereotypical research when the world has already been done.
– Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nguyen Van Tuan: Methods of finding resources for research and tools to support scientific research. This is a seemingly simple but very important job, it makes the research process more convenient, reduces wasted time when searching inefficiently and helps ensure the progress of scientific research. Dr. Tuan introduced document search tools (libraries, open source web sites, etc.) and research support tools (Matlab modeling tools, advanced office tools, etc.).
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nguyen Quang Minh presented at the Workshop
Dr. Nguyen Ngoc Lam presented at the Workshop
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nguyen Van Tuan presented at the Workshop
After the presentations, Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nguyen Hung Phong shared with students about scientific research at the Master’s and Doctoral levels, especially the advantages of the students who graduated from the PFIEV Program for admission to the master’s or doctoral degree. To get a Master’s degree the learners have to study 06 credits and do their Master’s thesis. The Faculty of Graduate School always creates the best conditions for PFIEV students in further study at the Faculty.
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nguyen Hung Phong shared at the Workshop
The discussion between the teachers and the students then aimed to answer questions about the students’ scientific research.
Dr. Tong Ngoc Tu shared with students at the Workshop
The students ask questions to teachers at the Workshop
Photos for souvenir of the Scientific Research Conference in the academic year 2020-2021
The Conference closed with a lot of knowledge, orientation of scientific research methods, how to write and publish articles to help PFIEV students get the right orientation and strategy to implement the scientific research topics. The PFIEV Board believes that, with the abundant creative capacity and good research ability of PFIEV students, they will have successful scientific research results in the academic year 2020-2021.